NY Health Rally in Delhi
Sharing the news about this event that is sponsored by the Campaign for NY Health! Open to ALL who want healthcare for ALL!
Healthcare rally at Bonacic and Faso Offices, 111 Main Street, Delhi NY, Friday, April 21, around 12-1 pm (but come early or late if your lunch hour is different). We will carry signs, deliver letters, and speak to Senator Bonacic's staff about our support for the NY Health Act and Medicare for all in New York. The NY Health Act is only ONE state senator away from passing the state legislature this year! We will also urge Representative Faso to protect pre-existing conditions and the ACA before he returns from his congressional recess.
Bring: a sign, letters for Bonacic and for Faso, a personal healthcare story to share, and a friend
- Medicare for everyone! Health care would be a basic right of residency like public education!
- NY would save 15% overall in health care costs and eliminate wasteful administration costs
- 98% of NYers would pay less than they currently do on premiums (top 2% will pay more) and EVERYONE would have healthcare!
- No copays or deductibles- real coverage for everyone young and old
- This bill would end the dreaded requirement for counties to fund Medicaid-- all the funding would come from this new payroll/capital gains tax not property taxes. Currently in Delaware County more than 30% of the property taxes go to Medicaid, which is one reason Faso and Collins gave for supporting the national cuts to Medicaid in this district. Let's get everyone health insurance instead of kicking sick people off!
- NY can lead the way to real national reform-- like President Trump promised- "healthcare for everyone!"
- NY Health Act is A4738 and S4840